Local Organic Produce
|Organic Food – Week of Nov. 11-15, 2013 + Asparagus Recipes|
|Schedule Your Organic Food Delivery Service: 877-832-8289|
Don’t Forget To Order Fresh Fish, Shrimp & Rice Too!
Quinoa & Kale Recipe
- 2cups salted water
- 1cup quinoa
- 1bunch lacinato kale, washed and chopped into 1″ lengths
- 1meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 2scallions, minced
- 1tablespoon toasted walnut oil
- 3tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a covered pot. Add the quinoa, cover, and lower the heat until it is just enough to maintain a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then top with the kale and re-cover. Simmer another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow to steam for 5 more minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, take a large serving bowl and combine half of the lemon juice (reserving the other half), all of the lemon zest, scallions, walnut oil (you can substitute olive oil if you desire), pine nuts, and goat cheese.
- Check the quinoa and kale when the cooking time has completed — the water should have absorbed, and the quinoa will be tender but firm, and the kale tender and bright green. If the quinoa still has a hard white center, you can steam a bit longer (adding more water if needed). When the quinoa and kale are done, fluff the pilaf, and tip it into the waiting bowl with the remaining ingredients. As the hot quinoa hits the scallions and lemon it should smell lovely. Toss to combine, seasoning with salt and pepper, and the remaining lemon juice if needed.
Pineapple Recipe Videos:
Pineapple Chard Smoothie Video Recipe:
Grilled Mahi Sliders & Pineapple Video Recipe:
Cucumber Salad Video Recipe:
Korean Cucumber Salad:
Arctic Char & Pickled Cucumber Salad:
Salmon & Cucumber Yoghurt Recipe Video:
Cucumber & Salmon Sushi Recipe Video:
Raspberry Kale Smoothie Video Recipe
Garlic Sesame Kale Recipe Video:
Crispy Kale Recipe Video Makes A Great Snack!:
Salmon & Spicy Cucumber Pineapple Salsa Recipe Video:
Organic Produce Buying Club Weekly Organic Food Share & Local Organic Produce Delivery Grocery List