Florida Organic Food Delivery
& Organic Grocery Buying Club – Food Share:
Organic Food News: It’s that time when we make our Pink Lady Apples Donation! Help us support The Annie Appleseed Project!
Grapes are one of the best organic fruits availavle in the organic food category. As a whole, they are very rich in minerals like phosphorus, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and magnesium and a favorite organic food. There are other vitamins and minerals that are inside grapes that are healthy for us but in much smaller quantities. Like most fruits, black grapes are very rich in carbohydrates, even though they consist of sugar and have very little fiber from a dietary standpoint. In addition to the other nutrients that have black grapes have is one that is really important to our overall health; Resveratrol. Reseveratrol helps to prevent numerously danger conditions which include fungal and viral infections, nerve degeneration, cancer, ALS, and heart disease. Resveratrol also slows down the process of aging as a whole. It inhibits the deterioration of heart and skeletal muscles. The seeds in grapes are just as beneficial as the fruit because they contain significant amounts of antioxidants as well as other nutrients. If you are feeling sluggish and tired during a hard day at work and you find yourself wanting to take a nap, it may be time to do something about why you are felling fatigued. A simply way to combat this problem is to start drinking grape juice. Grapes help fight fatigue by replenishing the body’s iron supply.
The benefits of consuming black grapes into your diet will help you in the long run towards great overall health and keep your body safe from viruses and many damaging ailments.
Organic Food Grocery List &
Organic Produce Delivery
|Organic Produce Delivery List for the week of March, 11-15 2013|
* Lettuce Green Butter (Fl)
* Carrots w/tops
* Cabbage Red (Fl)
* Baby Bok Choy (Fl)
* Collard Greens (FL)
* Pepper Sweet Mini (Fl)
* Potato Yukon Gold
* Zucchini Squash (Fl)
* Eggplant (Fl)
* Squash Yellow (Fl)
* Grapes Black Seeded
* Strawberries (Fl)
* Apples Fuji
* Oranges Valencia (Fl)
* Grapefruit Ruby
5 TOP HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
Organic Produce Delivery Recipes For Garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic, salt, black and white pepper, dill, and garlic powder in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 (4 ounce) package semi-soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and garlic in a bowl. Stir in the chopped tomatoes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover; place in the refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the bread slices in a single layer on a large baking pan.
- Bake in the oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack.
- When the bread is cool, spread the semi-soft cheese evenly over each slice. Using a slotted spoon, spoon some of the tomato mixture over each slice.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lemon
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Broccoli Rabe, Garlic & Pasta
- 1/2 cup uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the broccoli rabe, sprinkle in some salt, and bring the salted water to a boil. Stir in the broccoli rabe, and cook until bright green and just starting to become tender, about 2 minutes; drain the rabe, and cool in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the fusilli, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the 2 roughly-chopped garlic cloves until they start to turn translucent, about 2 minutes; sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and stir in rosemary sprig, dried Italian herb mix, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the blanched rabe, white wine, and tomatoes; remove rosemary sprig, and bring the mixture to a boil. Mix in the cooked fusilli pasta, green onions, and 1 minced clove of garlic; simmer for 1 more minute, and serve topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.